- To Educate and train the mentally challenged children to self reliance.
- To help every mentally challenged child to grow into a self reliant person by providing diagnostic facilities through cams and home visits.
- To train them in vocational and crafts for rehabilitation and employement.
- To educate parents and community through regular counseling and involving them in various rehabilitation activities.
It was started in one room with one chair and two benches provided by Smt. Tripta Devi Sud and Dr. Shiv Charan Dass Sud Trust, opposite D.A.V. Sr. Sec. School, Hoshiarpur with two staff members. There were for children to start with. The number increased within a short span of time. Need for some large place was felt. At that time aother philanthropist Sh. Om Parkash Sood was approched. He offered rent free accommodation at Thakur Dass Sarai, Una Road, Hoshiarpur. The school was shifted to that building in the year 1997 but with the increase in the number of children the building was again found insufficient to accommodate chaildren and staff. The management was in search of a piece of land to build its own school building. Then with the kind co-operation of Late Col. A.S. Gill and Sarpanch Sh. Jugal Kishore of Gram Panchayat Jahan Khelan we got one acre of land free of cost for construction of the school building in the year 2002 and the construction started. The foundation was laid by Mahant Pritpal Singh of Gurudwara Mitha Tiwana.
Society has now multi-storey school building having 10,000 Sq. Feet plinth area at ground floor and 10,000 Sq. Feet at first floor and second floor. In addition to stairs, building is having facility of ‘Lift’ for handy-cape children. All rooms are fitted with AC or Coolers
We are Registered under:
– Societies Act 1869 as per Certificate No. 648 dated 04-9-1995 of Register of Societies, Govt. of Punjab.
– Ministry of Social Justice, Child & Women Development, Punjab Government.
– Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
– Income Tax department for deduction u/s 80G of Income Tax Act 1961.
– The National Trust, New Delhi.
– The National Institute of Mentally Handicapped, Hyderabad.
– Rehabilitation Council of India.